December 07, 2010

All The Little Things

You know how all those little things in life happen & they're not big enough to write an entire post about, but they're things everyone must know? Things like:

Work is exhausting! I asked for it. Things were slow for awhile & I begged for more work. Sure enough, it was handed to me & now I'm eatin' my words. Next time I post photos, I'll be cross-eyed (not because I was kicked in the back of the head by a mule, but ...) from all the spreadsheets I've stared at in the past week.

One year & 6 weeks after a baby's birth means ... back to the doctor again. I haven't been since my last Post Partum appointment when I was in tears when she asked, "Are you okay?" Instead, I walked in with all the confidence in the world - I'm a mom. A mother of a one-year-old. I gave birth last year, naturally, without the aid of pain killers. And I'm still alive one year after all that, living to talk about it. My Nurse Practitioner reminded me that there's no more pregnancy for me until we resolve my back issue, gave me a great big hug & told me congratulations on all I had been through. Isn't that the truth? Oh yeah, I'm patting myself on the back.

I know I've posted about how incredible my friend Jen is before, & rightfully so - that girl will go to the moon & back to make sure you're happy. Well, I did a few small favors for her one week, including one day where I watched her kids while she went to a Christmas party. (Mind you, Jen has done things for me from the very first moment I met her & I am not exaggerating in the least). Well, what does she do when she gets home from her party? She tells me, "Go! Go! Go! You have a one-hour-massage scheduled in 15 minutes & you're going to be late. Go!" On my way there, I told my sister how spoiled I was & she asked me, "Can I have her?" Who wouldn't want one?

Anytime I'm working late (um, which is every night since my "shift" starts at Cashe's bedtime & ends at my bedtime), I listen to Pastor Rick Warren's messages at Saddleback Church in Southern California. He's just amazing & right now he's working on a "project" (for a lack of a better word) called, Decade of Destiny. Basically, in the next 10 years, we (those of us who want to) need to focus on what our destiny is. After several Bible Studies, I know what my destiny for the next 10 years will be (aside from being a mom) & I'm working on making it a success. On a side note, however, I was telling Shad about the Decade of Destiny & stumbled on my words, so now he refers to it as the Decade of Destiny's Child. Not sure Beyonce is on the same boat, but you never know.

What else? Oh yeah. Cashe pooped on the floor again. Have I not learned my lesson? Apparently not. When it comes to parenting, I am the meanie, for sure. But who doesn't want to hear their child giggle & squeal with delight while running around the house naked? That's music to my ears. Again, I ran in & started Cashe's bath. I went back to his room to grab his towel & there was what I thought was a new toy on his floor. Then I got a better look at it & thought it was a dog turd. Oh no. It's Cashe. Dangit. Don't tell Dad.

And what happens in Shad's world these days? Besides him making fun of my early-morning Decade of Destiny's Child talk? He's a travelin' man. Recently, he came home with a t-shirt from one of his clients that says, "Best Freakin' Dad Ever". Appropriate. Even more recent than that, he went a business where everyone was on the floor praying to their god(s). Awkward. Maybe turn the sign over from OPEN to CLOSED for a few minutes?

So that's a "quick" view into a few of our little things in life that you may not otherwise hear about, but hopefully made you laugh or feel really good about yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment