September 05, 2012

August 2012: Week Four

Our 10-year Anniversary was quickly approaching, so Shad surprised me one night & took Cashe & I out for dinner & ice cream & then to Best Buy so I could pick out a new camera!
 
My last camera was (& still is) a fabulous one!  It was only 5 years old, but it was getting pretty 'well-used' over the years, so I had been telling Shad we should probably start looking at a new one. 
 
The camera I chose is quite a bit bulkier, but it has a killer zoom on it & the picture quality is quite awesome, I'd say.
 
My first night playing with the new camera while Cashe played with Lightning McQueens.

Cashe has totally been into this book lately, so I had to capture 35 or more photos of it. 
Here is just one.

Another sweet photo of our little man watching TV in our room.
It seems I can only catch great photos of Cashe while in front of the TV or sleeping
since that's when he holds still the longest.

Tuesday morning, we had our usual playdate with the Twin playgroup at Centennial Park.
We got there a little early since I had a call for work & we'd have to leave early. 
No one showed for awhile since it was pouring down rain, so we played under the trees until everyone got there.
Wednesday, we made our first trip to the city pool.
Twin doesn't have the subdivision pools like Boise, so this is where the majority of the town gathers to cool off.
We met Bekah & her kids there & of course, saw some other kids we knew too (small world Twin is!)

Thursday morning, Shad & I were both doing a few things around the house & came into the kitchen to find Cashe sitting on the counter with his blanket watching a movie all by himself.

After the intense movie on the counter, we headed over to play with Alexis' kiddos at a park near their house. 
The park wasn't nearly as cool as the empty lot next to it full of dirt.

Thursday afternoon, Cashe & I jumped in the car & headed to Boise for a playdate at the Cryder's new house (where we found both Cashe & Caden stripped down nude & filling the pool in their backyard!)
Then, I ran over to Jen's for our Hawaiian-themed Bunco night & I FINALLY won!  (It was my first time this year.  Yay!)

We drove home late Thursday night so we could be on the road Friday morning for Missoula.
While Shad & I were packing the car, Cashe found one of my hair ties & asked if I'd put it in his hair.
He looks stunning.
On our way to Missoula, we decided to start our vacation the right way with a bunch of chocolate.
Cashe was in heaven when he got his own Caramello.
(LOVE this new camera!)

Since we had such a sticky mess on our hands, a bath was definitely in order. 
And what better way to take a bath than with your cutie pie cousin, Sage?!

Saturday, we headed up to Nana's to play while the boys golfed & Auntie Leasha worked.

Cashe was a happy camper with Max's dog collar & a AA battery. 
Who knew life could be so simple?!

Auntie & Sage played a little too before Alicia was off to work.

This field behind Nana's house was where I spent many days growing up. 
We'd explore back there & build forts & I'd hike up to my BFF, Jenny's house.
Now it was time for Cashe to enjoy it just as much as I did!

He discovered all sorts of things & again, was quite content.

Sage enjoyed herself too.

This is the (smokey) view from my mom's backyard. 
Hard to believe I took this for granted as a kid. 
It really is beautiful.

No day is complete without a little playtime in the water, so Nana broke out the sprinkler & Cashe had a ball!

The whole purpose of going to Missoula was to drop Cashe off with Alicia & Shauna so we could spend our anniversary in Cancun. 
 
Flying out of Missoula is often difficult because it's a small fortune & there's only 3 flights a day, it seems. 
We jumped on a plane to SLC & sat there for 5 hours to board our red-eye to Atlanta.
Here we are enjoying a movie together on the iPad, lookin' a little sleepy, I'd say.

We made it to Atlanta, very sleep-deprived (in case you can't tell by my beauty). 
Shad shockingly slept well & I tossed & turned (that's never the case -- I'm narcaleptic.)
We still had one more leg to Cancun ahead of us ...
Stay tuned ...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about it!
    You look beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete