Last year Shad started playing Poker once a month in what I suppose you could call a "league" with several of his friends. They'd pick a night each month & meet at someone's home & bring their buy-in. All buy-ins were pooled together & the winners of the monthly games were tracked.
The whole point of pooling the money together was because the top three winners would use all of that money to play in the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas this coming May. Not only that, their hotel would also be paid for.
I have never had a problem with Shad having poker nights because it gives me a night to myself (to catch up on the things I need to or I often, I wind up in bed early or talking to Angela for 4 hours. On a side note, I loathe talking on the phone & for some reason, Angela is the only one I can spend hours talking to. No offense to any of you.) ... so, back to SHAD ... I don't want to be the wife who fusses about her husband having a poker night because he works hard; he certainly deserves something!
Well, all his hard work of strategizing, bluffing & playing his cards right paid off. He took first place & is headed to Vegas in May! I'm so proud of him! Please God, let our kids take after him & his ability to excel at everything, including gambling!
So, ... be sure to watch for him on TV. I'll make sure he wears something tacky & has a sweet pair of sunglasses on so you can't miss him!
Congrats, honey! I love you!
March 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When is the tournament?? Good Luck!! Win Big!!
ReplyDeleteShad also won the GAY husband award for 2009 by taking enough of my chips that I couldnt win also. Thanks CHAD
ReplyDelete