For starters, we had to share a room (all 3 of us) within a cabin while we stayed at the lake earlier this month (another post in itself). Since we were there spending time with Shad's family, I thought I would let him spend time gallivanting with everyone until the wee hours of the night while I took Tootsie to bed. (Note though, this isn't anything new - in the 11 years we've gone to the lake, I'm always in bed by 10pm anyway because I'm partly narcoleptic after 9:30pm.)
Unfortunately, Cashe inherited his father's sleeping habits, which means he can't fall asleep in the middle of a hockey game like I can. The temperature must be just right, the lighting must be just right & the level of comfort as well as white noise must also be just right. Needless to say, I was out long before Cashe ever fell asleep in his Pack N' Play. I'd wake up a good 15 minutes into some deep sleep to him standing on his tippy tippy toes trying to grab at all the books & magazines on our nightstand.
Did he need a spanking? Nah, I'm all about natural consequences. Soon enough he'd realize he was sleep deprived half way through our trip & he'd get the picture. Until then, a good laugh out of an exhausted Mama was well-deserved.
The same sleeping circumstances applied only a week later in San Antonio. Only this time Cashe's Pack N' Play was only inches from our bed. This time, I woke up to Mister on his tippy tippy toes again softly reaching for my eyelashes. Another good laugh (a little boisterous in fact) outta Mom was certainly well-deserved. Shad didn't seem to think so - rather than painting the town red, he was trying to get some sleep to work the next day while his wife & child giggled like little girls at a slumber party at the Hyatt.
But get this - the following night, guess who decides it'd be fun to let Cashe sleep in between us? Shad. And guess what had them giggling all night? Cashe's tiny fingers softly reaching for Shad's eyelashes. (Good thing we taught him, 'gentle'.)
Aside from all the silly bedtime stories, Little Man is just non-stop & full of smiles. He loved spending a whole week with all of his cousins & could hardly stand to be inside the cabin (although it down-poured a good portion of the week). Any chance he got, he ran to the door & said, "Byyyyyyyyye" & would wave. And if it wasn't that, he'd grab anyone's hand who was close enough & guide them to the door & say, "Walk".
San Antonio was a little less distracting since it was just us three. The plane ride was a little nightmarish since Cashe operates as if he's hopped up on Red Bull around the clock. We calmed him slightly with a few books & the Sky Mall magazine, but 5 hours later, we were exhausted. Cashe's nonstop, "Whoa's!" of amazement as we took off & landed had us all chuckling.
It was 100+ degrees in San Antonio (you can be cited for watering your lawn right now too if you live there - crazy), so we spent quite a few hours at the pool. Cashe is far from fearless & was eager to jump off the side of the pool into our arms over & over & over & over. Before he'd jump, he'd open his eyes & his mouth really wide - very theatrical.
Now that we're home, Cashe wakes up & immediately asks for "wazzes" (strawberries) or "mik" (milk). He eats more fruit than a growing teenager. He's eaten 2 flats of strawberries, kiwi, an entire cantaloupe, peaches & a partridge in a pear tree in less than 4 days. His diapers certainly do reflect it too. He's to the point now where he will grab my hand & guide me to the changing table. Time for some potty training? I think so.
I know there are a bunch more stories, but I can't keep up with writing them all down (& I only have one kid!)
And if you didn't find any of that funny, ... you had to be there ...
Or I suppose it's funnier when it's your own child. Regardless, these oughta make you smile:
SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!! I miss him! I CANNOT wait till Cashe & Sage can play together!! =) They are gonna be a hoot. Lets move in together.
ReplyDelete