March 14, 2012

March 2012: Week Two

Shad got up early Monday morning & flew off to Nashville & got to stay at the Grand Ole Opry Resort.

I had been sitting on pins & needles all Monday because his boss had called me earlier in the week to get some good dirt on Shad for the big sales meeting. Since it was the first time Shad would be meeting a lot of his teammates, his boss wanted to embarrass him. Also, he wanted to recognize him since his birthday had been on Sunday.

For his birthday, they got his favorite cake & ice cream & asked him about some embarrassing childhood stories I leaked out. Shad KNEW it was me, of course. It was very cool though, that his boss took the time to recognize him & make him feel welcome to the team.

Before Cashe & I headed back to Boise on Monday, we made a pit stop at all the essential places: Hobby Lobby & Fast Eddy's. Then we headed out to the Cryder's house for a playdate. We were blessed with a warm, sunshiny day (I was even outside in short sleeves). The boys played & played & played while Jill & I got to catch up over some coffee.

We headed back & got started on our daily routine, which now includes potty breaks, handwashing, music & movement time, snack time, craft time (painting, coloring, stickers, playdough), outdoor time, quiet/free time, naptime, lunchtime ... you name it & we find 15 minutes to do it!

Not all days run smoothly, but I do have to remember I am working with a 2-year-old.

During "free time", Cashe can play with his trains or cars or read books on his own or watch a show & I try to plug into work for a half hour. Some days, he will follow me into the office & read through Shad's book collection, which consists of primarily political books & some biographies. BORING.


My little sister turned 28 on Wednesday, so we talked to her for awhile that day, but lounged around the majority of that week until Thursday rolled around & we had to get our booties in gear for Bible Study & then out the door to Boise for Bunco! (That's a lot of B's: Bible, Boise, Bunco!)

Bunco was at Dianne's Thursday night & she always goes ALL out with prizes & decor & snacks for the evening. That night, we had a hat contest & I wore an old trucker hat Shad had for Halloween that is GIGANTO tall & says, "Livin' the Life" & has a picture of a trailer on the front of it. Classy.

Jen won with her homemade bunco hat, equipped with pink dice & a photo from one of our prior bunco nights. She won a new hat.





Shad flew back in from Nashville Thursday night too & brought Cashe & I gifts from his trip. I got a new Nashville, TN t-shirt that says 79 across the front (what a FABULOUS year!) & Cashe got a new (noisy) book about animals. He loves it.





Friday night, we were invited to go to our friends' salsa (the food, not the dance) party. Although I got no photos, we had a great time. We got to see friends we hadn't seen in months & years! Friends we had gone to church with years ago & friends we just hadn't seen since our going away party. It was a great mix of people & a ton of great salsa!



The number one salsa was a guac salsa with feta cheese. To die for. Mmmmmm ...


Second place was for a salsa served over goat cheese mixed with cream cheese. Double mmmmm ....


You put cheese in anything, feta or goat & I'm sold!



The following morning, I managed to pull myself outta bed for an early morning spin class with my cousin Kelly. Why not get some exercise in AND visit with Kelly while I'm in Boise? It was a great time, as always & I felt like I started the day off just right.






That afternoon, we had to go back to the Lovin's house (where the salsa party was) so the kids could break the Mexican pinata. Cashe didn't seem all too thrilled about the pinata that day. He was more interested in picking up the landscaping rocks & piling them ALL over the electrical box in their yard.


Not sure where that child came from.




Shad had a poker game that night with the boys, so we had a small girl's night get together with salad & candy for dessert at Jen's house. At one point we had EIGHT children running around her house. (Well, not 8 - Lily isn't quite running yet at one month old.)


It was a great time though & MUCH thanks to Jen for opening her home like that after having just had a little tiny baby.



Sunday morning, we all woke up & bolted. After 3 days terrorizing the Bradley's in their own home, we thought it would be best to allow them some peace.

We made a quick stop at Fast Eddy's for Cashe's favorite juice, then Starbucks for Mom & Dad's favorite "juice" & we headed home for pizza & ice cream at Coldstone (which NOW serves frozen yogurt, thank you very much - YAHOO!) What a way to finish off another great week with my boys.

1 comment:

  1. What a whirlwind! So thankful that I was able to see you twice last week. Looking forward to a trip to you sometime too dear friend!

    ReplyDelete