October 07, 2012

October 2012: Week One

Monday morning began with our preschool co-op.  This week, we did an all-mom class at Alexis' house.  The kids colored in their school books & painted & sorted blocks. 
 
Here the kiddos are painting.  We're missing Hudson this week,
but we gained Carson (our new friend) & Asher, who is Selah's older brother.
I had mentioned a few blogs ago that some chaos had hit us mid-week a few weeks ago.  Basically, our whole lives have been flipped upside down yet again & we're adjusting & making a few changes, which I will elaborate on eventually. 

One thing that I will elaborate on is that I took Cashe into a speech pathologist to have his speech tested because I felt as if he was behind.  Sure enough, he did not do well on his test, & I started my researching & decided he was autistic.  (Like spending too much time on WebMD can make you believe you have cancer.)

I called my cousin, Kelly to see what else I needed to do & she suggested I call Health & Welfare to get him enrolled in the state program for speech therapy in addition to having him see a speech therapist privately too. 

I called his pediatrician & his old preschool teacher from Eagle & asked for referrals to have him tested for autism.  I scheduled an autism evaluation in Boise.

Then, we went to BSF on a Thursday & Cashe's teacher said his nose was running nonstop & I told her it ran always, all year round.  She asked if I had ever seen an Ear/Nose/Throat doctor to have his adenoids & tonsils checked because her daughter had the same problem.  Swollen adenoids & tonsils cause sleep problems (which Cashe definitely has!) as well as fluid build-up in the ears, which causes a delay in hearing; therefore a delay in speech. 

God is good.

I called the Ear/Nose/Throat doctor & got him scheduled for October 9th.

Then, I went to get my hair done.  When I told Brenda about the situation, she asked who I was seeing & said she rides (road bikes) with that doctor's wife.  She sent his wife a text & got us in Monday afternoon, 9 days earlier than my appointment! 

God is good.

We got to the appointment & Cashe passed the hearing test; however he does have a significant amount of fluid in his left ear & due to his sleep problems, the doctor recommended we have surgery to remove his adenoids & tonsils.  We're also having tubes put in his ears to drain future fluid after the current fluid is drained.

God is good.


Here is Mr. Cashe-man himself playing with his cars while we waited for the doctor.

Here he is bagging his first groceries at Winco. 
Such a helper, he is!

Thursday afternoon, after BSF, we were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch with the playgroup.
However, Dad called & asked if we would meet him for lunch.
It feels as if we hadn't seen him all week, so we met & Cashe sported my sunglasses the entire meal.
After lunch, I headed to Boise for our last bunco game of 2012.  Boo hoo.
It was a Boise Bunco theme & Amber Joy hosted at the showroom.
Not only did I win my money back for most losses, I won a new BSU shirt & some blue & orange nail polish!

Saturday afternoon, we decided to spend the afternoon at the Rock Creek Growers Fall Festival in Kimberly. 

I had never been to Kimberly (& apparently, Shad had).  Nevertheless, it took us an hour to find Kimberly, Idaho & it's a whopping 10 minutes from our house!  Oops.

We wound up in Hansen (maybe 25 minutes from our house) because all of the stinking roads in this farm country aren't recognizable by GPS or Google Maps or iPhone Maps or any satellite that provides directions. 

AND, all of the streets are numbered. 

Not just 1st Street, 2nd Street, 3rd Street, but 3200, 3300, 3400, 3800, 3900. 

AND to top it off, they have TWO names 3200 = Hankins, 3300 = Overland (I'm making these up, but you get the gist.) 

We were so lost & had gotten coffees because we knew it would be cold & windy at the festival.  I had finished my coffee after 45 minutes of driving in large circles around farms & through freaky towns & I had to pee like no other.

Anyway ... we did have fun ...

We managed to snag a hay ride from our parking spot to the festival.
(Love Shad's expression.)

First things first -- we found the playground equipment with Carson & Charis.

Then we headed through the haystack maze & jumped a few tires.
... & played in a giant tractor tire.

Cashe won a prize matching two ducks' numbers.

... & he ROCKED it at the goldfish toss. 
He has a great arm!

Cashe rode the train ride all by himself.
Mr. Independent.
He also threw a fit so huge when he had to get out, I think all of Twin Falls heard him. 
Lovely.
Here's to another fun week!  Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment