I want to say, if my memory serves me correctly (which these days it doesn't!) that the first time I met Amber Joy was at Jen's baby shower. Amber Joy gave the best, most beautiful gift that you wouldn't want to even open because the wrapping was so gorgeous. All her gifts are that way.
We have an incredible group of friends who meet every Thursday night to watch The Office & have dinner. Everyone's question each week is, "what's Amber Joy making? Main dish? Dessert?" Not only is her food to-die-for, her presentation is award-winning. Again, you don't want to eat her food because it's too beautiful to cut into! On the other hand, it tastes so good, you have to have seconds & thirds & fourths ... & not eat for the remainder of the week.
Well, Miss Amber Joy is due with her second little sweetie-pie, Anna in almost month & it was our turn to prepare her some delicious food (all courtesy of Jen - who is also an unbelievable chef!) & shower her with gifts & love.
Three of us put our heads together & came up with a color theme & broke out the responsibilities to make this a hit. And ... it was a hit if I do say so myself!
Dianne made the cutest invitations, had her "cake lady" make the most delicious cake & Dianne put together some adorable favors.
Jen was in charge of food & let's just say, I never stopped eating that entire afternoon.
I was in charge of decorations & had so much fun putting it all together. The theme of my decor was "Showered with Blessings"& I hung Bible verses about children from these cute pom-poms I made (thank you, Martha Stewart). Can I just do this stuff everyday? I loved it.
Anyway, here are a few photos from the big day.
Many, many congrats to you, Amber Joy! I cannot wait to meet little Miss Anna ~ she's going to be gorgeous.
I am so behind on reading your blog!! The shower was amazing and you are too!!
ReplyDelete