July 22, 2012

July 2012: Week Three

As soon as our Montana families left Monday afternoon, I had to clean clean clean for our Twin Falls 80's Prom Night Ladies' Night on Tuesday night.

I dropped Cashe off at school that day & was totally disappointed with the unorganization & for a lack of better words, 'lack of love'.  I am not one to make a scene or throw anyone uner the bus (& I will refrain from using details), but this preschool did come highly recommended to us & I did everything I could in my power to be as annoying as possible to get Cashe off the waiting list & into a class room.

As we went into the building that day, Cashe saw his teacher in the hallway & went to grab her hand & she shook his hand out of hers & said shortly, "Cashe, go to the classroom."
Um, I do understand that I had the best of the best of the best in Boise & I still stay in touch with his INCREDIBLE teacher there; however the least his Twin Falls teacher could've done was knelt down, loved on Cashe & then asked him to go to the classroom.  He just wants your love, freako. 

I walked into his classroom & went to put a few things in his cubby & asked the aide if I could take a few things home that were in there (artwork, etc.) & she rudely says, "I don't know."  Um, where am I?!?

I left to run a few errands & bawled my eyes out.  Then I sent Shad a text that said I was done with that preschool.  There is absolutely no reason I should feel that way about a childcare facility.  My child is a gift from God who I treasure & as far as I'm concerned, should be loved on in an environment where he is also loved. 

Anyway, I picked him up that day & we haven't been back. 

But on to bigger & better things ...
80's Prom Night was a huge hit!  We had such a great time & LAUGHED SO HARD all night long. 
Poor Shad endured all the boisterous laughter on a work night & watched kid movies with Cashe. 
I sure have some fabulous boys in my life.


For some reason Jodi was late, so we all hopped in Destiny's car & went to find her. 
By the time we got there, she was at my house so her sweet hubby took photos of us blowing bubbles with our
Bubblicious Bubble Gum on their porch.
Wednesday was much-needed chill/recoupe day with some schedule reorganization due to the lack of childcare. 

I had used childcare/preschool in Boise because Shad was gone every night & I needed a break somewhere to get some work done & just have some 'me' time. 

Now that Shad is home every night, I was feeling a bit guilty about childcare/preschool, but I still felt it was important that Cashe get some socialization with kids his age since I certainly wasn't offering him the entertainment he needed.

In Twin I have been blessed with so many great girlfriends who have young kids & set up playdates weekly, that Cashe's socialization requirements should be met at least at a minimum.  And I'll do my best to juggle things around to fit in my work. 

If Cashe needs to watch a little TV while I'm on a conference call instead of me feeling sick he's with a fruitloop teacher, then so be it.  I'd rather know he's safe & happy in my home than unhappy under someone else's supervision.

So, like I mentioned before, the playdate invites here are abundant (Praise God!)  And on Thursday, my friend Alexis called to see if we wanted to go out to their church's water day, so we decided we'd head out for a few hours to cool off ... 

Cashe loved the giant waterslides & went down a few times ...

... but he had far more fun getting splashed at the bottom while other kids came down!

Here is Alexis & this sweet, little boy (who was not hers) who just wanted to sit on her lap & chat it up (in his own, cute toddler language).  Then, he'd snuggle her & snuggle her.  He was such a doll.
Cashe-man had a ball in the pool all by himself. 

Here he is waiting for another slider to come down & splash him!
(I see some feet headed his way!!)

Not sure what the cones were all about, but he had a ball putting them on his head as a hat.
It's funny the things kids pick up & you have no idea where they got it from or if the idea was their own.
Creative little turkey, I say.

Friday, Shad had to go to Idaho Falls to meet with his boss & was gone ALL DAY.  He rushed home after some long meetings in time to get me to my girls' night in Boise to celebrate my F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S friend, Jen's birthday.

As soon as we pulled into town, I saw a new store, Gordmans. 
Jen said she was there earlier in the day & that it was WAY cool. 
It wasn't on the bday night agenda, but we hopped in the car & drove out there to do some shopping!
Um, can I tell you how much I miss Boise?!? 
And my sweet Boise girls?!? 
SO glad they're only 2 hours away.

Happy Birthday, beautiful friend!

Dianne made her this amazing cake that was TO DIE FOR. 

Love Love Love this girl.

And these girls.

After dinner, we played a little Wii Dance. 
Amber Joy ROCKED the party that rocked the party. 
Jen came in second, I think & then Dianne.
Me?  A big, fat LAST. 
I never got the crown.

And we dove into some of the delish cake before our chick-flick at the showroom.

Saturday morning I had to work off some of that cake so I met Kelly for our usual spin class & coffee afterwards.
It was so good to catch up, as usual.
Part of the whole reason we went to Boise this weekend was because of a Father's Day gift I gave Shad.  A group of us girls told our hubbies we would caddy for them one weekend.  We even got matching "Who's Your Caddy?" shirts!
The Who's Your Caddy caddies.
We totally had a fan club of guys at the golf course that day!

Jen was a killer cart driver. 
I had my cart driver's license taken away because I drove too slow.
Boo Hoo, Shad.

The cutie Bradleys.  Awe.


Me & Jen.

Me & my pro golfer.

The caddies, yet again.
Here we go!

I bet me taking a photo during his backswing totally helped his game.
Oops.
I guess I'm NOT the best caddy, but at least I got a cute pic!

Jen was really into her caddy skills. 
She cleaned Bob's clubs with a tiny brush.
She should've gotten Caddy of the Year that day.


By hole 11, we were starting to wind down.

The boys kept going strong though.

Awe.  Love Love.

After the game we headed out for dinner.

Exhausted?  Yes.

Bob can't take pictures?  Yes.

Ah, here we go! 
Thanks for a fab day, girls! 

1 comment:

  1. So, this is really crazy, but I think I know your friend, Alexis! She went to my high school (I'm SLIGHTLY older but she was there!). Then I ran into her a couple of years ago at a walk to Emmaus! She is an amazing singer!

    ReplyDelete