August 14, 2009

Peace of Mind

Today we had our "Peace of Mind Ultrasound". After all that has gone on & all the stress I have undergone as well as the steroids I have had to take & spinal steroid shots into my back, I really needed the peace of mind that Cashe was doing well.

Shad has been traveling for work & I didn't expect him to make it to this ultrasound, but as I was having my blood drawn for the glucose/Diabetes testing, the nurse showed up with my "visitor". It was the BEST surprise EVER! I had been panicked that if anything wrong had shown up in the ultrasound I would have to cope with it on my own at first (similiar to having to put our kitty down last week by myself), but Shad showed up so we could handle any news together today, good or bad.

After holding back the tears of my big surprise, we walked back to the ultrasound room (where might I add, we had the BEST Ultrasound Technician there is!) She was able to give us the peace of mind that we needed. He's a growing boy even though I haven't gained any weight in over a month. All organs are healthy & he's a happy boy.

The Ultrasound Tech tried to get some good 3D photos of his face & she did pretty well. Cashe had both hands over his face AND his umbilical cord directly in front of his face. He even licked his umbilical cord while we were watching him. What a hoot!

Here are a few of his 3D shots. His face is a bit smooshed by the umbilical cord (which she was able to remove from the photo, but it also distorted his face a bit). I do get yet another ultrasound in October to check on his progress, so maybe by then he will move things around a bit in there for a better photo op.


2 comments:

  1. What a precious little man this is! I can't wait to meet him.! And..yay to Shad for being the great husband he is..so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a day filled with fun surprises and good news!

    ReplyDelete