November 17, 2009

It Keeps Getting Better

I have to admit, I worried a little about being overwhelmed or even depressed after Cashe was born. Little did I know I would be so happy every moment of every day. I have never been this happy. Every day is a new challenge that is so rewarding.

We had our first round of visitors (my family) when we got home from the hospital. Then, we had our second round of visitors (Shad's family) come to town the following week. And as soon as we dropped Shad's family off at the airport, my Dad called & said he was on his way up to Boise from a hunting trip in Colorado & he would be in town in 3 hours! I felt like a hotel maid - washing towels & sheets & scrubbing toilets like crazy! I finished just in time & believe it or not, I wasn't too too exhausted (& of course, Cashe was fed & happy too).

Let me just say, I could not do this without Shad. He has been such an enormous help & has such patience with Cashe when he doesn't want to fall asleep & won't stop wiggling his tiny legs.

In addition, we could not be more blessed with the abundance of delicious, gourmet meals that have been brought over since day one. Enchiladas, homemade stew & bread, homemade cheesecake, fajitas, chicken pot pie, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, apple dumplings ... you name it, we ate it! It's going to be tough to cook again & keep up with these excellent chefs we have as friends. (MANY, MANY thanks to you all!) Needless to say, I won't be losing this pregnancy weight anytime soon.

Everyone warned us that we'd be sleep deprived & sure enough, our first week, we pulled a few all-nighters. We're finally on a schedule now though & although little mister always loves to be held, we're able to sleep through the majority of the night. Cashe is such a wonderful little guy & naps well for Dad while I have my daily outings (required of me by my wonderful husband). We were truly blessed; he's the perfect baby - such a good sleeper & a great eater. I can tell he's already grown a bunch in just two weeks!

Today, we had our newborn photos & Cashe was not a happy camper. He hates to have his clothes off (which inevitably means he hates having his diaper changed & screams bloody murder any time we do change his diaper). Needless to say, I am sure we didn't get many cute, nude newborn photos of the little man without an angry face. We're anxious to see them all!

Until then, here a few pictures from the past week:


"S'up?"

The Nyquests

Stacy (Shad's sister) & Shad

Grammie (Shad's mom)

Kohlman asked Kris, "Can I pet him?"

Pa (Shad's dad) admiring his 8th grandchild

Auntie Stace

Father & son watching a little football

Grandpa (my dad) & his first grandchild



One of my favorite photos - so sweet. "It's too bright in here, mama."

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful to hear you are doing so great! What a blessing Cashe is for you guys!

    ReplyDelete