Life has changed dramatically from my busy schedule which included no couch-time to starting 6 different projects & having to drop them all to feed our little angel or dance with him to George Michael's Last Christmas.
Nights are getting much easier. Cashe is such a good eater (already well over 9 lbs) & has me up every 3 hours on the dot. We have our routine down now & he's usually back in (his own) bed after a feeding within 45 minutes (which was NOT the case for the first few weeks - he insisted on being held).
Aside from that, life is grand. Cashe certainly has his cranky times, as do most babies from what I understand. He fusses for no reason & one night, Shad & I had to let him cry himself to sleep. It only took 4 minutes, but until you experience it, you have no clue how hard it is to allow your child to cry & cry & cry (this is coming from a girl who thought she was going to be super strong & disciplined when it came to not allowing her child to run her life or rule the home!) We managed to make it through that 4 minutes & Cashe will also live to tell about it as well.
So besides this new addition that has most definitely consumed our thoughts, attention & love, not much is new ... visitors have come & gone & we look forward to a Christmas with lots of family. I have to prepare dinner on my own now (gasp!), which is actually a good thing I suppose - the remainder of these pregnancy pounds could use a jump start with fewer delicious temptations.
A few more pictures from over the past month to enjoy ...
He would not move his hands to show off his "1st Thanksgiving" outfit.
(Doesn't he hold his hands like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers?? Does that make me a bad mom?!?)
This picture makes me laugh so hard.
(It really looks like Shad & I never change clothes, but I promise we do.)
"blog stocking robbers"...that cracked me up!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see things are going so well for all of you. What a precious babe he is!