Yes, we've hit that milestone. Cashe is now a crawler & might I add, has quite the crawl. Auntie Kelly calls him, "Jack Sparrow" because he crawls with one leg & drags his peg leg along the floor. He does this undoubtedly because he's all that not interested in crawling. This kid would much rather stand up & start walking than mess around with crawling. (I moonlight as a children's mind reader, for those of you who didn't know.)
Nonetheless, he's motoring around the house & hotels like a tiny Jack Sparrow suddenly turned Slim Shady. (Go ahead & say it, I'm a horrible mother for referring to my child as Eminem's alterego.) Once he's up, he's up -- he holds onto whatever it is he pulled himself up on for dear life & his smile just gets bigger & bigger until he's 100% confident his feet are secure.
We've got some baby-proofing ahead of us as I follow him around the house with a notepad:
Outlet cover here, outlet cover there, outlet covers for the road.
Gate goes here, gate goes there, disinfectant wipes for the road.
Cushion goes here, cushion goes there, haul the couch cushions to the fitness room while on the road.
Good grief, this is exhausting. I know, I know -- it only gets worse.
(Forgive the fuzzy camera phone photos -- I don't have my adapter with me.)


I really hope his costume this Halloween incorporates this new found talent of his. Arrrgh, matey!
ReplyDelete