This week was about to get crazy, so like most weeks we started off slow & finished with a little less hair than we started (since we pulled it all out).
Monday was super quiet ...
But Tuesday night, I had my Twin Falls bunco night with the girls. (Again, no photos.)
That same night, Cashe & Shad were rough-housing & Cashe slipped & fell on the hardwood on his two front teeth. His gums started bleeding & he refused to eat. I freaked out a little & called my friend Christina in Boise, who is an office manager at a pediatric dental office. She told me to keep an eye on them for signs of them absessing. I also had to make sure they weren't loose. Cashe didn't eat dinner that night & slept for 13 hours. Poor little man.
The next day he was fine & was eager to make up for lost time, so we made lots of toast (his fave) for breakfast...
We left early on Thursday morning for Boise to see Dr. Whitt, the pediatric dentist Christina works for just as a precaution & thankfully, all was well.
We played bunco that night & I LOST. I'm so not the big winner I was last year. (And we got no photos. Not sure what my problem is.)
The following morning, our friends Sarah & Amber Joy came over with their kiddos & we had coffee, cookies & salad while the 8 kids played together.
And that afternoon we headed to my all time fave, USwirl for the start to all my birthday celebrations. We took 6 of the 8 kids from earlier & I am pretty sure all of the USwirl workers wanted to escort us OUTTA there (mostly MY unruly child) & none of them will ever want any kids of their own -- what a great form of birth control 6 kids running amuck in a yogurt shop can be!
 |
| If you look closely, my child is missing a shoe. |
 |
| We played all weekend with the Bradley kids & Cashe had a ball with Ella. |
 |
| And Kohlman had so much patience for all the younger kids wanting to hang with him. |
 |
| Cashe got stuck in Ella's old car seat & the older boys teased him, but he didn't care -- pink is the new black. |
 |
| More yogurt fun! |
Friday night, the Moehlmann's hosted a Family Feud game night at their house with the Bridgetower group. They were so awesome & surprised me with all my favorite things for my birthday that night: emondrop martinis, seafood appetizers & tiramisu for dessert.
 |
| A few of the girls: me, Jen, Alesa & Melissa. |
 |
| Heather & Christina |
 |
We actually played Family Feud too -- Jay & Jen had some great dance moves too!
Melissa did an AWESOME job with the set-up & her hubby, Shaun was a RIOT in his 70's leisure suit with his killer mustache. |
 |
| Angie is SO talented & made me the coolest birthday cupcake with a chocolate covered strawberry inside of it & a sparkler on top. It was so fun! Here Melissa is lighting it for me. |
 |
| Trying to get a group photo was kind of a joke -- this is the best we could do & we got ONE guy (Chris) to cooperate! |
 |
| Our fabulous hostess & game show host. |
 |
| The two best buds taking their bath together. They had SO much fun together & splashed ALL OVER the place, which I found out later is not normally allowed in the Bradley household. Oops. |
 |
| Cashe kept saying, "Night Night" & would laugh & laugh & Ella went right along with it. |
The boys had been in Twin Thursday through Saturday for a golf tournament & met us at Barbacoa Saturday night for dinner ...
 |
| Me & my gorgeous blondies, Dianne & Jen. |
 |
| One of my sister-wives, Amber Joy. |
 |
| My cousin Kelly & I had been spinning earlier that day AND shopping (while Jen offered to watch Cashe -- I have the most incredible friends!) We never have enough time together though -- we need a full weekend, with no distractions to catch up. |
 |
| Yes, I was spoiled. |
 |
| A lot. |
 |
| And there's no going to Barbacoa without a trip to the ladies' room to see the cool shoes on display in the walls. |
 |
| My other sister wife, Jen. |
 |
Kristin & I share a birthday month - we're exactly a week apart & Dianne made us this I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E cake! It was SO good. I want some now. |
 |
| The little Lilster came to dinner too & she was such a trooper. |
 |
God has blessed us with the most incredible friends all over this country, but ALL of our Boise friends sure have a special place in our hearts. I will drive 2 hours every month, every year if I can enjoy them like we do every time.
|
Thank you all for making my weekend so special. I love you all!!
As if the weekend wasn't fabulous enough -- Mother's Day was absolutely perfect as well. We woke up & went car shopping. I should explain a few things first:
(1) Shad & I decided we do not need a car that large for just the 3 of us -- which means, yes, as of now, we think we are finished having children. I have friends who say we are going through a phase & we will soon change our minds. I'm not sure though. Regardless, we thought we needed something smaller than an SUV with better gas mileage since I have a lot of road trips planned this year.
(2) I forgot to mention, earlier in the week BEFORE Boise, I was cleaning the car to prepare it for 'viewing' & Cashe was playing with his cars in the garage. I heard some clinking noises & went back to check on him & found two cars in the exhaust pipe. I was able to pull one out, but one was so far down the pipe, it was just about to drop off into the muffler.
Shad had just gotten home from work & was still in a suit, but I had to ask for help before I attempted to mess this up by myself. He got out a fondue fork & attempted to pull it out. No luck.
In the meantime, I thought I would finish my cleaning of the front of the car. Shad had put the fondue fork down & Cashe managed to find it. And after banging on the car a few times with the fork, he jammed it into the back of my thigh! I went through the roof -- that day was NOT my favorite.
When Shad went to change, I thought I would try to suck the small car out of the big car with the vacuum. No luck. Instead, that pushed it further into the pipe & it fell down into the muffler. Oops.
Now, we are selling our car with a car inside of it, so you get a 2 for 1 deal!
Until we sell it, we won't get anything, but I still wanted to look to see what was out ther for sale. It was a fun way to spend Mother's Day morning.
 |
| Before we headed home, we had lunch at Cheesecake Factory in Boise. |
 |
| When we got home, we took a walk along the canyon next to the Perrine Bridge -- here Cashe is pointing to the bridge & saying, "whoooooaa". It IS beautiful. Whoa doesn't even describe how incredible that canyon is. |
 |
| This little man makes my hair grey (look closely, you'll see), but I adore him & thank God for this amazing little blessing daily. |
 |
| Look at that little stud & that gorgeous view. God is good. |
No comments:
Post a Comment