June 03, 2012

May 2012: Week Five

It wasn't even 24 hours before Miss Kelly left & we were on the road to see Miss Angela in Bozeman. 
Shad had to attend a training in Indianapolis for work, so we decided we would make a trip too.  We hadn't seen Ange & the girls (or even met their sweetest new one, Keya) since last April, so it was crucial that we make the trip to see them!

After 6 long hours of Lion King, Nemo & Thomas the Train, we pulled into Bozeman & Little Man was OUT!

While we were there, Cashe got in trouble a few times for being rough with Amara. 
He kept reminding me though, that he WAS sharing his trains nicely with Amara. 
Despite all of his uncessary roughness, at LEAST he was sharing.

Amara was so patient to wait until he could part with one of his trains.

Miss Keya LOVED LOVED LOVED her rice cereal & opened her mouth big & wide like a baby bird anytime she saw the spoon!

Cashe-man thought he could follow the kitties under the end tables & almost got stuck. 
Here he is in distress (Mom of the Year goes to me for capturing this & posting it on my blog.  Poor guy.)

So, that was Day One in Bozeman.  Day One ended on a not-so-high-note.  Cashe wouldn't fall asleep & I couldn't figure out why.  It wasn't until five minutes after he had finally fallen asleep (at like 10:30 p.m.), I figured out why.  I heard him crying in his room & when I went back to console him, I found a bed full of vomit.  He's gotten car sick twice before & hadn't eaten much both times AND, I had Shad with me to help with the clean-up.

This time, I was on my own & I think Cashe had participated in an all-you-can-eat-chicken-nugget-contest earlier that day.  It was awful.

The following morning, we woke up all happy & hunky-dory until I got the call I had been expecting from my Dad that my Grandfather had passed away that morning.  That was hard to hear, but I know he knew the Lord & he's in Heaven with my Grandmother who has been waiting for him for almost three years.
After our rough night & morning, we decided to take a walk to the park to feed the ducks.

Cashe scared away all the ducks by throwing rocks into the water.  Amara patiently waited for them to return.

More rock throwing.

Monkey One.

Monkey Two.

Weeeee ...

Fearless.

She's a little more cautious.



Angela & Amara racing down the slides.

They tied! 
Amara was ready for Round Two!


Bubble Time on the patio. 
It was at this time that I think Ella (their kitty) ran away. 
This was tragedy #4 after:
1.) The Night of Barf
2.) Grandpa Passing Away (although I'm happy to know he's in no pain in Heaven, so that's good news)
3.) Angela's brand new camera was dropped & broke
4.) Run-Away Kitty

Another country song in the making.
Lunchtime together.

Bathtime together.

The good news, Ella came home!
Cashe LOVED the cats
(that could be why Ella wanted out - a 2 year old pestering her was a bit too much to handle).

Amara & her super cute cowgirl boots.

Me & my BFFE (Best Friend Forever & Ever - yeah, we made that up), Angela.

Riding a cow at Fudruckers.

Drinking ketchup.

Drinking ranch.

Chasing each other in circles for what seemed like hours. 
Could it be the sugar high from the milkshake they shared at lunch?

BFFE's headed out for a wagon ride.

Auntie Angela & Cashe-man at our FAVE, Uswirl.

Headed back to Twin.

I don't know I would've done without Angela through all the chaos those few days.
 
What a blessing though that God allowed her to be there to swoop up the barfy sheets
& take care of us. 

What a blessing that she was there to hold me while I cried about losing my Grandpa. 

What a blessing that I have such an amazing BFFE.

As soon as we got home, we had about 24 hours to get ready for the Petersons to come visit from Boise for Amber Joy's birthday!



My attempt at surprising Amber Joy with a fun 'welcome' as she arrived for her birthday weekend. 
It got a little windy though.

So, I moved it inside.

AJ & I at the Falls.

Aiden & I in the FAR backseat together.  What a goof.

Jason & the kids overlooking the canyon.

The boys & all the kids.

We joked about how kids would lose their flip flops over the edge of the viewing decks. 
Then, Miss Anna lost her shoe.

We had a picnic at the lake after the falls & let the kids wear themselves out.  Then the kids went home for naps & the boys watched a movie while Amber Joy & I did a little shopping.
I'm going to my future sister-in-law's bachelorette party later in June & we're supposed to wear 'vintage' thrift store wedding gowns. 
So, Amber Joy & I went to a few thrift stores & I tried on a gown. 
This sign was in the dressing room & it totally made me laugh.
It's true!
Don't steal.

Later that night, we went to Canyon Crest for a drink.

And we went to Elevation 486 for dinner.  YUMMO!

The sweet Petersons.

And the Nyquests.
What a week!  Oh my, what a rollercoaster of excitement, laughter, exhaustion, tears, & joy!  Cheers to great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment