If you've been reading long enough (or known me well enough), last year's extravaganza had all the husbands angry with Shad (not like the husbands were with the Tiger Woods scandal - they were all walking on eggshells for other reasons), because he went ALL OUT & took me on a surprise cruise with friends & family, took me to DisneyLand & had two suprise parties for me: one in Boise & one in California. Then, he had my BFFFF come stay with me for a whole weekend once we got back. He started planning 6 months prior & every day for an entire week was filled with a new surprise! What other husband wouldn't hate this guy? (And more importantly, where did I find this guy??)
Well, I can honestly say focus changes a bit once you've had a little one & this year was a little more mellow, but just as special as all 12 birthdays Shad has planned prior to this year.
I woke up to my gift & a card with an itinerary of daily events inside (YAY!) Each hour was planned for the entire day (YAY!) The problem is, with a 6-month-old, you've got to be flexible, so after every hour, Shad wrote "-ish" (i.e. 12:00-ish to 1:00ish we would have lunch anywhere I chose!)
The night before, I had taken Cashe on a hike in the foothills & was SO sore, so I had a much-appreciated/much-needed massage that
morning.
And that night, we went out on the town to Chandlers for dinner & to our friends, Melissa & Shaun's house for Wacky Game Night ... which is another story in itself. And since my posts are rarely short, here goes ...
...
So, Melissa found all this wacky games from some show called "Minute to Win It". We had to first compete against our spouse & the winner of the two moved onto the next round. The next set of winners would compete against each other ... & the next set until you had one final winner (just like the NCAA Tournament tracks their winners - am I making any sense?)
So, Melissa found all this wacky games from some show called "Minute to Win It". We had to first compete against our spouse & the winner of the two moved onto the next round. The next set of winners would compete against each other ... & the next set until you had one final winner (just like the NCAA Tournament tracks their winners - am I making any sense?)
Anyway, ... these games were wild!
Christina & Heather were a couple that night & had to put Vaseline on their noses & without using their hands, they had to use their noses & move cotton balls from one bowl to another in one minute.
Shad & I had to put together a puzzle of cereal box covers in one minute. (Shad totally won on my birthday.)
Bob & Jen had to stack a bunch of cups in a pyramid & then stack them all back into the initial, clean stack in one minute.
Jay & Angie had to stack dominoes & have them colapse perfectly in one minute.
I could go on & on ...
It was super fun though & such a nice night to get out & enjoy each other & enjoy friends & just be "wacky" again.
Cheers to another year! And thanks for making it so special, Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment