May 10, 2010

Not All Super Heroes Wear Capes

Thirteen years ago, God blessed me with a hot boyfriend (if I do say so myself). Five years later I married that gorgeous man. Seven years later, God blessed me with a tiny gorgeous version of my man. And yesterday, I got to share the day with them both as the celebrated ME. Does it get any better than that? Um, no.

So, first things first - I had my eye on these boutique-with-non-boutique-prices-jeans (go ahead & laugh, Robert - it's true) in Cali & for Mother's Day, I got to get them! Yay!

The morning of Mother's Day, I woke up with a nasty cold & was fortunate enough to spend the day with two boys who enjoyed my very lady-like, Darth Vader voice all day.

As I was getting ready for church, Cashe came in & handed me my Mother's Day card (while sucking on the corner of it) & a king-size pack of Reeces Peanut Butter Cups. Mmmmm ... The day started off perfectly - peanut butter cups for breakfast.

The message at church was given by a Gulf War Army Colonel about "giving God our Desert Storms". He was an excellent speaker & the message hit home (not because I am a warrior of war or anything cool, but because we all have "Desert Storms" we need to turn over to God & believe it or not, I'm learning to do so - in every aspect of my life, not just motherhood.)

After church, Shad made me a pancake brunch followed by a fun-filled day of touring the Parade of Homes (my all-time FAVE) & ended with a fancy dinner (to include Cashe's new FAVE - Squash - Mmmmm ... )

It was a MARVELOUS day, & one of the funniest parts of the day was the book all Moms got at church. It was called, "Why God Made Moms ... Not All Superheroes Wear Capes". Inside were several questions that had been asked to the little ones at our church & their sweet little answers.

I picked my FAVES:
Why did God make Mothers? For kids to live.
How did God make Mothers? With soup.
What ingredients are Mothers made of? Hamburgers.
What kind of little girl was your mom? Sassy.
Why did God give you your Mother & not some other Mom? Because He knows what He's doing.
What's the biggest difference between Moms & Dads? Mom gives birth & Dad helps.
What did your Mom need to know about your Dad before she married him? Not drunk, non-smoking.
Why did your Mom marry your Dad? Cuz they met at high school & he was the only one that dressed up.
If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be? She would let me listen to cool music.
And, you know you're a Mom when: (these are also my FAVES ... because I've already been there in only 6 months!)

1.) You stop criticizing the way your mother raised you.
2.) You hide in the bathroom to be alone.
3.) Your kid throws up & you catch it.
4.) You use your own saliva to clean your child's face.
5.) You can talk on the phone, pack a lunch & breastfeed all at the same time.
6.) You wonder why you ever feared being alone.
7.) You spend an entire week wearing sweats!
8.) You say at least once a day, "I'm not cut out for this job", but you know you wouldn't trade it for anything!

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day & many, many, many thanks to you, Mom.
I love you.


My mama

Me

Cashe-man

2 comments:

  1. You and Cashe have so many of the same features - these pictures sure look like you are all in the same family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freakin' love this! I'm at work and fight tears! You're like Ross, you know how to get to people's emotions.

    ReplyDelete